Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems with snort -A

From: "Josh Berry" <josh.berry () linknet-solutions com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:34:35 -0500 (CDT)

Actually, using -A never should have worked with MySQL before.  The
command line arguments override config options for logging, so -A should
have disabled the database config you used with 2.0.  I am not sure why it
worked before.

I'm a noob to snort so I'll make it short.  Having run snort v 2.0 for 6
months (on RH 9).  I had no problems specifiying the -A option on
commandline (for alert level) and using a mysql Database.  However,
after downloading latest Snort, I have found the mysql database plugin
will not work when the -A option is specified on the command line (in
this case the -A is generated when snort is inititated using the init
script contained in the binary rpm).  I can duplicate this behavior
using either a source compiled snort or a binary.

  I was wondering if I am somehow not using the -A option correctly in
2.1.3 or if this is a bug.  Thanks for the time.

Pat Smith