Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and MySQL - clearing alerts

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:30:00 -0500

--On Thursday, June 10, 2004 4:54 PM -0400 George Laiacona <glaiacona () aikencountysc gov> wrote:

I've got a simple problem.
I get well in excess of 150K alerts in a day. Deleting the alerts
through ACID takes forever because it times out, and only clears about
7000 to 10000 alerts. And takes 3 minutes to do so. My question: is
there an easier/ faster/ more logical way of clearing alerts?

You can use my perl script:

http://www.ntsug.org/downloads/archivePlus.tar.gz

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer