Snort mailing list archives

snort

From: sanaâ Aitouchen <sanaa52 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:34:02 +0000

think you for your help,
all things work well know but the problem is when i want to use snort in
mode NIDS i must change the directory of mysql.sock in  my.cnf file from
/tmp/mysql.sock to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock as knowing as the mysql.sock
directory file is /tmp/mysql.sock so i did a link in /var/lib/mysql/ to
/tmp/mysql.sock and it worked but when i wont to use Acid it gaves me this
error:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in
/www/htdocs/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 266

Error (p)connecting to DB : snort@localhost
to resolve this problem i must change the directory from
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock to /tmp/mysql.sock in my.cnf file and it workedbut the same for snort

so to resolve this problem when i wont to use snort i start mysql with:
mysqld_safe --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

and when i wont to use acid i restart mysql with:
mysqld_safe --socket=/tmp/mysql.sock

i know, it's a stuped solution so please if you have another solution please
  write it to me

think you for your help

sanaa