Snort mailing list archives

Re: how to delete records from acid?

From: Jeff Coppock <jcoppock1 () comcast net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:34:28 -0700

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:21:06 +0200
Primero <primero () fastwebnet it> wrote:

Hi all.

Is it possible to delete records directly from acid?
I'm new to snort and acid so plase be plenty if answer is simple ...
:)

I know i could delete directly from mysql, but it would be e very
tedious  job ... so , is there a simple way to delete records from
snort database?

Sure thing.  I just deleted a couple thousand alerts using the Acid web
front-end.  This is all in the documentation, but it's simple enough to
explain real quickly...

Open a page with the alerts listed that you want to delete.  I use the
"unique" method since it groups the common alerts together.  I had 1,435
Web Directory Traversal alerts.  Select the checkbox next to the alerts
you want to delete and go the bottom of the page.  From the"action"
selection box, choose "Delete alert(s)" and click on the"selected"
button.  Done.  Now go back to the home page and make sure the alert
count has adjusted for the deleted alerts.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock            Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian          Admin and User