Snort mailing list archives

Mudpit & pcap.

From: Chris Keladis <chris () cmc optus net au>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:36:30 +1000

Hi all,

Hopefully this wont be considered too off-topic.

I was wondering if anyone has configured mudpit (unified output processor) to output pcap's as well as doing full logging/alerting to the database?

I've got it logging to the database correctly, but couldn't see any examples to write pcaps in tandem?

I'm considering possibly going back to Barnyard but i'm not sure since 0.1.0 if it captures both the log and alert streams like mudpit does? I can see an option to output pcap and database with Barnyard.

It's nice to surf about the front-end and look at the data in there, and then at less frequent intervals peruse the pcap's to drill-down on events, or use in forensic work.

Thanks,

Chris.