Snort mailing list archives

RE: trouble connecting barnyard to a remote mysql database.

From: Timothy W Morrison <morriswt () us ibm com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:36:29 -0500

Lance,
Thanks, I changed the IP to 127.0.0.1 and barnyard now logs to the remote
database. The problem I am having now is that even though there is data in
the remote database, ACiD is showing 0 Alerts. Do you have any ideas on
that problem?

Regards,
Tim Morrison.

"Lance Boon" <lboon () firststatebanksw com>
Sent by: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
06/07/2004 02:58 PM

<snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
cc

Subject
RE: [Snort-users] trouble connecting barnyard to a remote mysql database.

First thing I would try is make sure that you can connect to your remote
mysql server from your client. mysql –hx.x.x.x –usnort –p. The first error
that you get is understandable because you aren’t running mysql server on
your client. The 2nd looks to me like mysql isn’t running on the host you
had specified or it couldn’t resolve your “server-name.com” to an ip.