Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort + acid + mysql

From: "Patrick S. Harper - CISSP RHCT MCSE" <lists () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:33:13 -0500

Take a look at oinkmaster.  Also look at all the stuff at
http://www.snort.org/dl/contrib/

that should get you going for a while

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 11:37, Nils Fragoso wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've setup Snort, PHP, Apache, Mysql and Acid  on a Linux (RH 9.0).
I've followed an installation manual wrote by Patrick Harper, that I
found on www.internetsecurityguru.com, which, by the way, is a very
good guide.  Snort is running fine and I'm able to get the "bad"
packets.
But now I need to update the rules, what is the best way to do this?
And how can I do this?
How about to use Snort to stop the attacks? Is any way it can do this?
I'm not a Linux "super user", so please send me detailed instructions,
if you want to help me.
Thanks in advance.

Nils