Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID setup question

From: "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste () smxy org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:41:00 -0400

Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On Tuesday, June 1, 2004 4:34 PM -0400 "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste () smxy org> wrote:

I'm setting up ACID on a FreeBSD 5.2.1 system. There are ports for it's
prerequisite packages: adodb, phplot, jpgraph, and for acid itself. None
of them install under the apache document root, however. Since all the
setup documentation assumes they do, I was wondering if I could get some
configuration pointers from anyone here who's running it all on FreeBSD,
as to how to tie everything together, so it works. TIA

You just need to create an alias in httpd.conf so that you can load acid in your browser. Or you can make ACID the document root for the web server.

Right. That part was fairly straightforward. I was mostly concerned that those other programs are not install in the document root, where the acid installation docs expect them to be. Is there an easy way to tell acid where they are located? I really want to stick with the ports, rather than manually installing things that will be difficult to keep up to date later, when the ports system handles all that already.

        -ste