Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.1.3rc1 core dump

From: Jeremy Hewlett <jh () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:26:15 -0400

On Wed, May 26, Gary_Portnoy () itginc com wrote:

Snort decided to start dumping core on me in totally unpredictible ways.
It runs for a while, dies, runs for a while dies.  Sometimes it runs for
15 hours before dying, sometimes I can't even get it to stay up for 2
minutes.  I have a cron job that checks on the process and restarts it,
and it usually has to restart it 3-5 times a day.

You've stumbled on a known issue... this fix is currently in STABLE
branch and CURRENT. Could you check out STABLE branch and let me know
if that solves the problem?

This fix will be incorporated into the upcoming 2.1.3 final release.