Snort mailing list archives

Re: Customizing snort rules

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:27:34 +0200

Hm,

if you take a look at those rules you may notice the data flow described by the rule is (except for the rules id 1415 and 1416) in this form:

EXTERNAL_NET -> HOME_NET (...)

There is no reason for snort to trigger otherwise as described. So you may want to check your configuration vars again.

Otherwise check the FAQ for the possibility how to blend out specific hosts from being seen by Snort or how to write special pass-Rules respectively.

Regards,
Edin

simonkc () netsol co in schrieb:

Hi Edin,

I have properly defined the HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET variables??
The rules that are getting triggered are SNMP rules.i.e. whenever our NMS
management server polls some devices,the rule triggers.
I want to be able to disable these triggers for some specific IP hosts. The
SNMP rule should not be disabled and continue to look for SNMP traffic.

Thanks and Regards Simon

--
Edin Dizdarevic