Snort mailing list archives

flow-portscan.

From: Chris Keladis <chris () cmc optus net au>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:18:37 +1000

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could clarify something about flow-portscan's alerting.

I'm using unified output w/mudpit.

From what i could gather reading the Snort docs, the flow-portscan module uses the logging sub-system to send it's alerts when it is configured with "output-mode pktkludge" (so it generates a fake pkt, i assume since unified output cannot handle variable text in alert messages).

Since i have both logging and alert streams feeding into mudpit, i'm wondering why i'm not getting anything out of flow-portscan?

gen-msg.map contains the SIDs for GID 121, and is also configured with mudpit. Also, server-watchnet is configured for the network to be monitored.

Was hoping someone could explain the way it's supposed to work, in the case of unified output?

Thanks,

Chris.