Snort mailing list archives

Re: SnortCenter-Acid-SuSE byte_test issue

From: "AJ Butcher, Information Systems and Computing" <Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:03:55 +0100

--On 19 May 2004 15:55 -0400 Mike Feetham <mike.feetham () percepta-crm com> wrote:

Hi folks,

I've been trying to get Snort running with SnortCenter and ACID on SuSE
9.0, but running into some issues.  I used Steven Scott's Implementation
guide for Redhat 9.0 for guidance as much as possible.

Everything has loaded fine, and I got everything installed and configured
up to the point where I tell SnortCenter what rules to use on the sensor.
I selected "Use Default Active Snort Ruleset" and pushed the config to the
sensor with no problems (also configured the home_net and external_net
variables).

When I tell SnortCenter to start the sensor, the sensor kicks back the
following error:

ERROR: ERROR /etc/snort/snort.eth0.conf (444): Bad arguments to
byte_test:  Fatal Error, Quitting..

This is a FAQ. Use the Snortcenter2 fork from CVS: <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/snortcenter2/snortcenter-console-pat
ch/>

Best Regards,