Snort mailing list archives

Re: Code modification/s

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:00:28 -0400

At 06:41 PM 5/18/2004, Arpan Acharya wrote:
I am a newbie at snort and wanted to install snort on a RAMIX card. What modification/s need to be done to install snort in the memory on the card. Which part of the code deals with the installation?

There's no part of the "code" that deals with installation, just the makefile's "install:" section.

However, you can just as easily manually copy the files to whereever they need to go. Since I chroot my copy of snort, this is how I do my installation anyway.

Has anyone done this before?

I've never heard of RAMIX until today. However they make a wide variety of products, most of which just look like an ordinary PC but in embedded or blade form-factor to me. However, to snort, this is all irrelevant. A filesystem is a filesystem, no matter what computer hardware it runs on.

Why do you need a customized installation?