Snort mailing list archives

Tuning guidelines/HOWTO for flow-portscan anyone?

From: "McCash, John" <John.McCash () andrew com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:23:08 -0500

Hi All,
        There's been a bit of discussion on the list about flow-portscan, most of it negative. From what I've seen,
however, it doesn't appear that anyone knows how to tune this beast. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. The only
positive commentary seems to have been from those for whom the default settings, or other defaults posted here by
various parties, work. Does anybody have a set of rules of thumb for how to get flow-portscan tuned properly?

        Or has everyone just given up on it, and gone back to portscan2 until flow-portscan becomes soup?
                Thanks lots
                        John
this email is prohibited.