Snort mailing list archives

Re: HOME_NET

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:39:47 -0500

At 11:50 PM 2/9/2004, msalmanf () students ee itb ac id wrote:
Hello everyone

I have trouble in HOME_NET, do i have to add my server's IP Address
(167.205.64.153/XX)?
what is XX ?

Depends, if you want just a single machine, as I suspect you do, xx should be 32.

As a counter example, if you wanted to do a range of 167.205.64.0 through 167.205.64.255 it would be declared as 167.205.64.0/24.

If you're familiar with binary, XX is just a bitmask specifying the number of most-significant bits to honor, and the rest are treated as wildcards.