Snort mailing list archives

Re: alert_syslog

From: Peggy Kam <ppkam () n-dsi com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:20:37 -0500

I actually tried that before, it did not work for the switch command. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to change the syslog file?

Thanks again,
Peggy

Josh Berry wrote:

You can configure your syslog.conf file with:

auth.alert       /var/log/(whatever_you_want_to_call_the_file)

and then restart syslog.  I am not sure if this works with the command
line switch but it works if you use the syslog configuration in your
snort.conf file.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to sends alerts to some other file other than to
the default syslog file (when using the -s switch command line)?

Thanks in advance,
Peggy

Thanks,
Josh Berry, CISSP