Snort mailing list archives

RE: Port scans not showing up in ACID.

From: "John Creegan" <jcreegan () questarweb com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:40:39 -0600

Now THERE'S a question I never asked.  Since I'm running snort on a Sun
SPARC on Solaris 8, I never upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1 because there
were users reporting problems building it on Solaris.

That's recently changed so I plan to upgrade to 2.1, but I'm still
running 2.0.4.  Hmmm... this *could* be a little embarrassing...

When you restarted, did you add the "-z" arg?  You'll need it for this
to work (at least for 2.0.4).

"Peters, Michael D." <Michael.Peters () acbl net> 02/05/04 12:28PM

Where did you find the information about these changes? I remember
from
versions prior to 2.1 where these would work but I thought they had
been
removed. I don't see anything in the snort.conf about it either?

I put these changes in and everything started up properly. I'm waiting
see if I get things displayed properly now.

Best regards,

Michael D. Peters