Snort mailing list archives

Re: Off topic- Your Favorite Linux Distro

From: Tim Sutinen <tim () sutinen com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:22:46 -0800 (PST)

Trustix - very similar to RedHat, free updates with swup, uses secure
default settings, good support.

tim

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, DeBerry, Casey wrote:

We have decided to move our new linux installations from Redhat to another
distro..  As this is the only distro besides suse I have used in the past,
was curious to see what others are using.
Basically, we like the Redhat update software, but are not willing to pay
for it...  Any of the other distro's using update software that will bring
packages up to date?

Cheers,
Casey DeBerry