Snort mailing list archives

RE: same tcpdump.log to remote log server instead oflocal sensor

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:22:34 -0600

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 04:33, samwun wrote:
The following config in snort.conf forced the ascii logging (with
payload) data files to log to an IP directory:

output log_ascii: filename snort.log, limit 128

Mine just reads "output alert_ascii" if I remember correctly. That
filename and limit must be a 2.1.0 thing. :)

Can you tell me how to configure snort send payload data to your email
account?

By having a cron job run every minute that reads the stuff from the
/var/snort/log/ directory and emails you all that stuff, then deletes
what it mailed from /var/log/snort. Snort itself doesn't email.

Regards,
Frank