Snort mailing list archives

Re: Testing Snort-inline without any rules

From: aravind babu <aravindforsnort () yahoo co in>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:13:58 +0000 (GMT)

 Hi Milo,

    Before starting snort-inline ping is working.I checked ip_forward in snort box also.It is set to 1.

Thanks,
Aravind.

Milo Velimirovic <milov () uwlax edu> wrote:
Two possibilities:

The IPs you've chosen are not routable - there is no reason to expect
that computers using addresses from those two address blocks would be
able to communicate without some sort of address translation going on
in the device(s) connecting them.

Is the Snort box setup to do IP forwarding or as a router? (forgive my
ignorance about inline snort configs.) If not this would also explain
things.

Milo