Snort mailing list archives

snort webmin configuration

From: agnelo d <agnelofld () yahoo co uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:41:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
     I've configured webmin for managing snort.
1. When i run snort using webmin it gives me error " snort does not appear to be running, if you know snort is running
check the PID file setting in the module configuration.

I can see that snort is running using ps -ef command.
I've also checked the PID file /var/run/snort_eth1.pid file, it shows 1907.
How can i resolve the error.

2. Secondly i'm unable to disable,enable or modify and new rules that i create using webmin.
Pls. help

Agnelo