Snort mailing list archives

Snort readng across switches?

From: "M. Morgan" <mikemorgan () mindspring com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:44:23 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hello all,
 I've noticed that my snort sensors, plugged into different places on cascaded cisco 2600 series switches are getting
different readings. This leads me to believe that snort is only sensing traffic on the switch it is plugged into. Does
it read across cascaded switches or must each switch have a snort node sniffing it?

Thanks,
Michael

M. Morgan
Network Administrator