Snort mailing list archives

Mysql Segmentation error and restarts

From: "Vijay Krishnan" <vijaykrishnant () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:57:32 +0000

Hi,

we are facing a typical problem  and let me explain the scenario.

We have installed snort on linux 8, (2 sensors and an indipendent management console). this was working fine with one sensor and console that gave us accurate logs..the problem comes when we try to add the second sensor.With 2 sensors we are getting the following error message

"Mysql shows segmentation error and the database stops and restarts(frequently)"

is this an unstable mysql problem?any solution ?? Pls Help..thanks .Krishnan