Snort mailing list archives

Help needed with confusing issue...

From: "Kelly Slavens" <Kelly.Slavens () coxhealth com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:37:01 -0600

  I've got a very odd problem with one of 3 snort sensors that I have
deployed.  All three sensors log to a central mysql database using the
same account. 2 of the 3 sensors is working correctly. One sensor how
ever is not logging to the database, it does log to file correctly but
it refuses to send anything to the database. It worked previously but
suddenly stopped reporting the the database. I'm using the Shadow Snort
3.0 systems for my sensors from www.whitehats.ca, using the check script
included it shows a good DB connection. I've double and triple checked
all the connection settings, deleted recreated and tried again...
nothing I do helps but nothing at all seems to be configured incorrectly
either.

Kelly.slavens () coxhealth com