Snort mailing list archives

no alerts logged

From: Mat Harris <mat.harris () genestate com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:54:13 +0000

Hi,
  I have set up snort for the second time now using the pdf redhat howto.

The first setup worked perfectly with acid and i loved it, but that machine
died and so I am trying to install the replacement.

I have followed the instruction (as far as I can see) to the letter, the same
as last time, but on the new install, there is nothing being logged.

Everything appears to be working perfectly, but nothing is sent to the mysql db
except on one test portscan with nmap it logged 2 alerts for that.

I am not very familiar with snort yet so I don't know what to provide to debug it
and the keywords are too vague for a google/archive search.

Please let me know what info to provide for debugging.

I am running Redhat 7.3 (fully updated) with snort Version 2.0.5 (Build 98).

Thanks in advance

--
+ Mat Harrison | mat.harris () genestate com +
| England, UK  | matth () 3d-computers co uk |