Snort mailing list archives

ICMP L3retriever Ping

From: "Craig D. Thomas" <CraigT () Clayton net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:59:46 -0500

We are getting ICMP L3retriever Ping for about 65% of our traffic.  We
are not running AD (still NT).  I have read where disabling Computer
Browser on your 2000/XP machines can help this.  I have done this on
several computers, but I am still getting the L3retriever Pings from
those machines as well.  Does anyone have any other ideas about this?  I
have looked online and in the archives and I haven't found too much.

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig