Snort mailing list archives

RE: Tell snort to resolve ip or use /etc/hosts?

From: SRH-Lists <giermo () 333tech com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:40:06 -0600

Hey all!

Since I'm blithering on in here I might as well get
all my questions out now ;)  Any way to get snort to
resolve ip addresses?  Looked around and googled but
didn't find much on it.  Thanks!

James

That would kinda tip off the attack that you had something or other
watching them and would also give them the IP of your snort box (if they
can see the traffic to their DNS)

(Along with the overhead concerns that someone else mentioned)

-steve