Snort mailing list archives

Re: OpenSource Alternative to SourceFire's RNA

From: "AJ Butcher, Information Systems and Computing" <Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:54:24 +0100

--On 31 March 2004 10:00 +0100 Andy Cuff <talisker () securitywizardry com> wrote:

Hi,
Please excuse me if I've grasped the wrong end of the stick, but RNA is a
passive OS fingerprinting tool which feeds into Lightning Console now
called Management Console.

Whilst ossim and threatman appear to be highly valuable tools, to my
knowledge they do not perform Passive OS Fingerprinting as required in the
original post.

No, but ossim integrates with p0f-2.x to provide this functionality.

It's necessary to change the reference to 'get_os_time()' to 'get_date()' in control_panel/os.php to get this working with ossim 0.9.3, for anyone trying it.

-andy
Talisker Security Tools Directory
http://www.securitywizardry.com

Best Regards,