Snort mailing list archives

Swatch throttle problems

From: "Alan" <ids () san rr com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 03:41:54 -0800

Hi everyone-

    I use Swatch for real-time alerting and I can't seem to get the throttle command to work. If I set throttle
00:01:00 (1 minute) I still get emailed multiple alerts within that 1 minute. I don't get an error message or anything
so I really can't analyze whats going on. I'm aware of bugs on the throttle command but they shouldn't stop the
throttle command from not working outright. Everything else in Swatch is working fine.

Also does anybody know if Todd is going to release a newer version of Swatch? I haven't seen a newer version than 3.0.8
and 3.1 beta (which adds threshold support but I can't seem to get that to work either). Does anybody know of any
alternatives to Swatch? All I need is it to email me alerts in real-time (most likely by priority).

Thanks!

Alan