Snort mailing list archives

RE: Disable alerts from certain machines - Not working for me?

From: rodrigo.ramos () triforsec com br
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 06:18:05 -0600

Hi,

You can try something using the -> Event suppression <-.
Let me know if it resolved your problem

Best regards,
Rodrigo Ramos
http://www.triforsec.com.br
http://www.defenselayer.com

Quoting Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Snortty wrote:

Jerry and All,

I want to do exactly the below, to disable ANY and ALL
alerts from certian IPs (dedicated scanners), and I
used the tips below by either:

pass ip 10.1.1.1 any -> any any

Disabling all alerts from a host and using pass rules to pass all
traffic from that host is not the same thing. Pass rules has no effect on
alerts generated by preprocessors for example, although you don't mention
if that's the case here.

Btw, I tried to write a little document describing these things,
http://people.su.se/~andreaso/docs/README.avoiding_alerts
It's still kind of a beta so I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions
from anyone.

/Andreas