Snort mailing list archives

active response + managing sensors

From: "Marcin Laskowski" <cineklas () wp pl>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:20:47 +0100

Hi,
I want to configure Snort to reconfigure firewall
when there is attack from some IP. How should I
do it? I read sth about Snortsam, but I don`t think
it`s the best choice (there have to be 2 network
interfaces - I have only eth0). I think that guardian
would be better because my Snort works as HIDS.
What do You think?

The second problem is that I would like to have
few sensors in my local network, so they could
detect attacks and log everything into database
server (mysql). I have ACID installed, but I read
somewhere that there is possiility to manage snort
rules and other options using ACID via http.
How can I do it?

The third problem is with iptables - how should
I configure rules in sensors? Block all ports except
the one which snort will use to log to mysql server?

Best Regards, Marcin Laskowski