Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cannot archive alerts (ACID)

From: "AJ Butcher, Information Systems and Computing" <Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:42:57 +0000

--On 14 March 2004 15:36 -0500 Jeff Workman <jworkman () pimpworks org> wrote:

ACID Version: 0.9.6b23
Schema version: 106
PostgreSQL version: 7.4

I cannot get ACID to archive my alerts.  I created both the snort and the
archive database at the same time, with the same permissions for the
snort user, but I get the following SQL error when I try to archive:

Archive error:Database ERROR:ERROR: insert or update on table "iphdr"
violates foreign key constraint "iphdr_fkey_sid_cid" DETAIL: Key
(sid,cid)=(2,276) is not present in table "event".

Have you created /all/ the columns and tables in BOTH databases?

cat /path/to/snort/contrib/create_mysql | mysql -p snort_log
zcat /path/to/snort/contrib/snortdb-extra.gz | mysql -p snort_log
cat /path/to/acid/create_acid_tbls_mysql.sql | mysql -p snort_log

cat /path/to/snort/contrib/create_mysql | mysql -p snort_archive
zcat /path/to/snort/contrib/snortdb-extra.gz | mysql -p snort_archive
cat /path/to/acid/create_acid_tbls_mysql.sql | mysql -p snort_archive

-Jeff

Best Regards,
Alex.