Snort mailing list archives

RE: CVS FAQ? ...

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:19:09 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
[mailto:snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net] On Behalf Of
Fred Portnoy
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 3:15 PM
To: 'Martin Roesch'; 'Michael Miller'
Cc: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] CVS FAQ? ...

My Question Too.

My issues were with mysql support; we had it working with
1.9.0 and I was upgrading to 2.1.1; I thought I would try
installing from the FreeBSD "port" list this time but .... I
gave up on "porting" Snort and went back to the tar file and
"./configure" ... I got it working (with help from our freebsd
guru) but was just wondering whether there's a way to build
in mysql support from the Snort that comes in the port list?

Cd to /usr/ports/security/snort/ directory:

% make -DWITH_MYSQL (-DWITH_WHATEVER ELSE YOU NEED) install clean

(To see what your options are:
% less /usr/ports/security/snort/Makefile and search for "if defined".)

You're done.

When you want to upgrade:

% portupgrade -m -DWITH_MYSQL snort  (of course you have to install
portupgrade first, if you haven't already - % % make install clean in
the /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade directory.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member