Snort mailing list archives

Flexresp question

From: ravath k <ravath82 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:22:25 -0800 (PST)

I am using snort 2.1.1 with flexresp. One interface of
snort box is connected to Cisco 2950 switch of DMZ
network and other one (administrative interface) to
private network switch. So far working good. The
problem is i have some rules which are supposed to
reset connections but am getting only alerts of
flexresp rules and snort is not resetting connections.

My basic question is if a port is configured as SPAN
port, can it send packets on that interface? If not,
how snort will reset connections?

Can anyone clarify my doubts?

thanks in advance
ravath