Snort mailing list archives

Question of traffic result using snort?

From: "Jaeho Kwon" <jhavardo () chkhankang com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:50:54 +0900

Hello all:
I wanted to find the traffic test result of using snort on each device including hardware,
but found only one example of using snort as below.

< Here's a rough figure of merit to consider: untuned snort 1.9, on
cheap (PCI bus) commodity PC with >1GHz P3 or better and >=512MB
RAM, and a good NIC, can handle 50MBps without breaking a sweat, and
can be tuned to something well over 100Mbps with sufficient care and
precision. 2.0 is way faster. You can get much faster platforms
today. >

Does anybody have a result of it?
I tried to find the result for several hours but, couldn't find of it. :(

Thanks in advance,
Jay