Snort mailing list archives

RE: Embedded SPEC incorrect in v2.1.1

From: JP Vossen <vossenjp () netaxs com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:55:28 -0500 (EST)

From: Dax Kelson <dax () gurulabs com>
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Cc: daniel-wittenberg () starken com
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:29:55 -0700
Subject: [Snort-users] Embedded SPEC incorrect in v2.1.1

The spec file apparently references the v2.1.0 tar ball.

$ rpmbuild -ta /tmp/snort-2.1.1.tar.gz
error: File /tmp/snort-2.1.0.tar.gz: No such file or directory

Sigh.  Yeah, we know, but thanks for the feedback.  That was a disconnect
between Dan & I and Snort.org.  We're working on how NOT to do that in the
future.

The current work-around is grab the SRPM or "snort-spec" files from
http://www.starken.com/snort/.  Then either place the spec and tarball in the
appropriate places and 'rpmbuild -ba' or rebuild the tarball with the correct
spec file...  Sorry about that.

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|         jp{at}jpsdomain{dot}org
You used to have to reboot the Windows 9.x series every couple of days
because it would crash.  Now you have to reboot Windows 200x or XP every
couple of days because of a patch.  How is that better or more stable?