Snort mailing list archives

ACID modification

From: cc <cc () belfordhk com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:10:22 +0800

Hi,

I'm using ACID 0.9.23 which seems to be the latest version out there.
Recently, after upgrading to PHP5.0.0b1, I haven't been having
a good deal of success with ACID.

I made a modification to the ACID source that fixes the following
error (as dumped by the PHP LOG file):

[01-Mar-2004 16:51:01] PHP Notice:  Undefined property:
acidCon::$acidErrorMessage in /var/www2/htdocs/acid/acid_db.inc on line 87

In line 87, I have:
     if ( $this->acidErrorMessage != "" )

After briefly looking at the code, I found that acidErrorMessage
was not a variable, but a method.   I added () after it and now
the error is gone: ie.

     if ( $this->acidErrorMessage() != "" )

I don't know how to use diff that well, so I just used the
command 'diff -i <old filename>  <new version>  > diff.lst'.

Here's the diff:

87c87
<      if ( $this->acidErrorMessage() != "" )
---
     if ( $this->acidErrorMessage != "" )

Now I'm trying to figure out the following error:

[01-Mar-2004 16:51:16] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method
ProtocolFieldCriteria::protocolfieldcriteria() in
/var/www2/htdocs/acid/acid_state_citems.inc on line 979

AFAIK, it's trying to call the constructor for the
ProtocolFieldCriteria class, but I cannot find the
constructor mentioned in the source.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Edmund