Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort 1U Appliance for Sale on EBay

From: "Kreimendahl, Chad J" <Chad.Kreimendahl () umb com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:21:04 -0600

I just had a funny thought to go with this spam.  I encourage others to
share theirs as well.

Being that I've never bothered with sales people that use the term
turn-key... Maybe it's time to write a snort rule to detect this. (This
machine probably does what it says... But still...)

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"Salesman BS Overflow
Detected"; pcre:"/turn[-\s]*key/i" classtype:"marketing-mumbojumbo";
sid:55378008; rev:1;)

Alternatively this rule could be switched around for source and
destination to detect when your sales people are using meaningless
mumbojumbo, etc...