Snort mailing list archives

Re: configure option "enable-linux-smp-stats"

From: Jeremy Hewlett <jh () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:54:29 -0500

On Thu, Feb 26, Nerijus Krukauskas wrote:

  By executing "./configure --help" in snort source directory, I see
the option "--enable-linux-smp-stats". If I understand correctly this
should result some statistic about how snort is doing generation in
/proc file system on Linux. How do I find it (statistic)? So far snort
is not creating anything in /proc or I'm overlooking it?

All this does is enable stats reporting of multiple CPUs with
Performance Monitor. In order to see this information, you need to
enable the perfmonitor preprocessor (and you can use the tool
"perfstats" in the contrib dir to parse the output).