Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-users digest, Vol 1 #3994 - 10 msgs

From: ultan lankford <u_lankford () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 06:45:11 -0800 (PST)

 7
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:43:03 -0800 (PST)
From: ultan lankford <u_lankford () yahoo com>
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] snortsam problem

--0-198487533-1077576183=:1628

hows it going

i am after installing snort 2.1 on redhat 9 and im
trying to install
snortsam but i keep getting an error which goes
something like this
"fwsam not a recognised output plugin - fatal error"
so what can i do try make snortsam recognised
i ran the output plugins twice but to no avail!

is it a kernal problem
the snortsam docs arent best in places

--0-198487533-1077576183=:1628

<DIV>hows it going</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>i am after installing snort 2.1&nbsp;on redhat 9
and im trying to
install snortsam but i keep getting an error which
goes something like
this "fwsam not a recognised output plugin
-&nbsp;fatal error"</DIV>
<DIV>so what can i do try make snortsam
recognised</DIV>
<DIV>i ran the output plugins twice but to no
avail!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>is it a kernal problem</DIV>
<DIV>the snortsam docs arent best in
places</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
<a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailtag_us/*http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools?tool=1";>Yahoo!

Mail SpamGuard</a> - Read only the mail you want.</a>
--0-198487533-1077576183=:1628--

--__--__--

Message: 8
i am after installing snort 2.1 on redhat 9 and im
trying to install
snortsam but i keep getting an error which goes
something like this
"fwsam not a recognised output plugin - fatal error"
so what can i do try make snortsam recognised
i ran the output plugins twice but to no avail!

Did you PATCH snort in order to add the Snortsam
plugin? If not, you
need to do so.

is it a kernal problem
the snortsam docs arent best in places

http://www.snortsam.net/files/snortsam-v2_multi-threaded/INSTALL

Just note that I do not support the "latest" version
of Snort yet. I
prefer to stick with stable versions. But the patch
should still apply.

If all fails, I do have Linux binaries on the Snortsam
web site. ;)

Regards,
Frank

i patched again and again but the outcome is the same
the patch seems to work as i get meassage that says
plugins already implimented.
tried too to do it manually but same old problem
im using snort 2.1.0 so the version seems ok might
reinstall snort again and see what becomes of it

do those linux binaries include the plugins that is
needed (like an all in one package)

this is driving me crazy! i have to get this working
or try and use another blocking tool

is there anything at all i could do to make it work,
its probably something really stupid and small im
missing here

cheers in advance