Snort mailing list archives

RE: DB SNORT

From: "HuMPie" <humpie () grunn org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:40:38 +0100

What's the db ?

MySQL: SHOW PROCESSLIST
MS SQL: sp_who2

All above must be done in a query interface.

And if you think you configured it well in your config then you also can
try to run the snort not in deamon mode like this:
snort -I <interface> -c /path/to/config.file -o -N

If it then say it's connecting to a DB server then it's fine and then
you will see your database growing.

Best Regards,

HuMPie @ Grunn.Org

mrtg.grunn.org Dutch mirror of MRTG
www.webdns.info Dutch private DNS hoster
Motto:
Writing software is more fun than working.

Disclaimer:
All you do with the suggestion in this mail is you responsibillity even
if your system will crash :)