Snort mailing list archives

Re: Please post a good Nachi.B Signature

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:32:07 -0800 (PST)

Yeah real simple. Make your own rules. Have them spot
out anyone scanning on ports 135 and 445 outside your
network. Obviously no one should be scanning outside
your network on these ports. And since the IPs scanned
are random IPs, they will be hitting your default
route. This is the only propogation method, seeking to
exploit the wkssrv.

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 3