Snort mailing list archives

Re: Installation problem with snort.

From: Daniel Wittenberg <daniel-wittenberg () starken com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 08:10:03 -0500

Which rpm did you try to use?  Can you send the output of rpm -Uvvh <rpm
file> ?

Dan

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 01:49, Ravi Kumar wrote:>
2.When I used the rpm file of snort,foll error occured:
Starting snort: Initializing Output Plugins!
                            [Failed]
{Os-Redhat 7.3}

3.Then I used the snort-2.0.2 tar file for snort  installation in the
Redhat 9.0
partition, and the following error occured:
Starting snort: execvp:No such file or directory  [Failed]

Please, send solutions to overcome the problem.I have posted this for the
2nd time, as there has been no responce.