Snort mailing list archives

Re: TCP header length exceeds packet length

From: mouss <usebsd () free fr>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 23:14:44 +0100

Erik Nyman wrote:
Hi!

I'm testing a tool built by extol
(http://www.extol.com.my/news/warning/other/blaster_detection.htm) but I get
this warning message that I don't understand.

WARNING: TCP Header length exceeds packet length!

I have searched for an explanation, but I can't find any.

Anyone that can explain what to do about the PC that sends these packets?

May be the IP length has been written in host format instead of network format (so that would be a bug...?)
Are the ports set to zero or are they valid ports?