Snort mailing list archives

Unable to open rules file: reference.config or ./reference.config Fatal Error, Quitting..

From: "David Durocher" <Ddurocher () cmcc ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:54:41 -0500

I am new to snort.  I am trying to configure it to run on an XP workstation using IDScenter 1.1.

I have been able to get it to collect packets from a command line but had no luck getting it to work from IDScenter.

I get no errors in General > Overview when I apply.  If I click on Start Snort, I get no error but no packets are being
collected to the log folder.

I get the error "Unable to open rules file: reference.config or ./reference.config  Fatal Error, Quitting.." when I
click on test settings.

Any help appreciated.

David