Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort 2.0.2 and Oracle DB

From: "Majwabu, Richard" <RMAJWABU () GAPAC com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:20:02 -0500

Does this apply to MSSQL too....?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nerijus Krukauskas [mailto:nkrukauskas () lb lt]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 2:21 AM
To: 'snort-users () lists sourceforge net'
Cc: Runion, Matthew D
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort 2.0.2 and Oracle DB

Runion, Matthew D wrote:
This is my virgin post, so be gentle...

I'm setting up Snort 2.0.2 on Red Hat Linux 9 to use a non-local Oracle
8.1.6 database.  I've got the database setup by running the
create_oracle.sql script and it's ready to roll.

The issue I'm having is on the Snort box itself.  I understand that you have
to run ./configure --with oracle=DIR

I'm a newbie to Linux, but I assume DIR is the path to some sort of Oracle
header files, rather than the actual Oracle database itself.  My questions
are:

1) What files are necessary on Linux 9 to make it work?

   You need Oracle client on the snort machine.

2) Where to I get those files?

   From Oracle installation CD.

--
NK @ Vilnius