Snort mailing list archives

RE: New Blaster variant?

From: Security Admin <SecurityAdmin () aspentech com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:35:46 -0500

Port 27347 is a sub 7 trojan port. The following worm is also known to use
this port after infection through Kazza etc.....W32/Spybot.worm.gen.

All I've heard is a variant where infected machines are found to be
listening on port 707. This information is not confirmed yet and no AV
vendors are reporting anything. Apparently no AV scanners have been able to
detect this, it was discovered by an aware sys admin. I have only heard of 2
incidents of this in the last 24 hours.

Patch your machines with MS03-039 and MS03-043 at a minimum and block ports
at the firewall.