Snort mailing list archives

errors in my postgresql logs after running snortdb-extra.gz

From: "Jason Truong" <JasonT () plumtree com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:40:14 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to install snort/acid on my redhat 9 server.  Here is what I have installed:
Running on:
Redhat 9  kernel 2.4.20-20.9smp
Posgresql 7.3.3
Apache 2.0.40
PHP 4.2.2
JPGraph 1.13
ADODB 4.01
Acid 0.9.6b23

I have already created my database called snort.  Next I plan to install the snortdb-extra for more tables.
su - postgres
zcat snortdb-extra.gz | psql snort

I did notice some errors fly by very fast so I decided to check my postgresql logs.  In my logs I noticed these:

ERROR:  Relation "protocols" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "protocols" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "protocols" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "protocols" does not exist
ERROR:  Relation "protocols" does not exist

I'm wondering if this is a common error that others have seen.  Should I drop my snort database and retry this from
scratch.  I ran the steps as mentioned in the documentation.  I have also searched on Google and the mailing archives
(via snort.org) and came up with nothing using "Relation "protocols" does not exist" or "snortdb-extra.gz" as the
search criteria.

Thanks,

Jason T