Snort mailing list archives

Snort/MYSQL Error

From: "Haamid, Abdul Qaadir" <qhaamid () bcm tmc edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:05:05 -0500

I get the following error when I run snort. I saw the same message o the
board but there wasn't a solution posted.

Thanks,

Qaadir

database: mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the
manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1' AND
encoding = '0' AND filter
IS NULL' at line 1
database: mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the
manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1','0', '0')'
at line 1
SQL=INSERT INTO sensor (hostname, interface, detail, encoding, last_cid)
VALUES ('GMCIDS','\','1
','0', '0')
database: mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the
manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1' AND
encoding = '0' AND filter
IS NULL' at line 1
database: Problem obtaining SENSOR ID (sid) from snort->sensor
ERROR:
 When this plugin starts, a SELECT query is run to find the sensor id for
the
 currently running sensor. If the sensor id is not found, the plugin will
run
 an INSERT query to insert the proper data and generate a new sensor id.
Then a
 SELECT query is run to get the newly allocated sensor id. If that fails
then
 this error message is generated.

 Some possible causes for this error are:
  * the user does not have proper INSERT or SELECT privileges
  * the sensor table does not exist

 If you are _absolutely_ certain that you have the proper privileges set and
 that your database structure is built properly please let me know if you
 continue to get this error. You can contact me at (roman () danyliw com).

Fatal Error, Quitting..