Snort mailing list archives

How do you start and stop a sensor from snortcenter management co nsole?

From: "Chhabria, Kavita - Apogent" <kchhabria () apogent com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:54:40 -0400

Hello all:

First and foremost, I did want to inform the list that I do have the alert
console button working now.

However, I am not able to start a sensor by selecting that sensor and in the
drop down box, where it says 'Do with selected', I choose start and the
snort sensor does not start.  I do know that snort is not running right now
on that machine, that is why, I am trying to start the snort sensor from the
snortcenter management console and that does not work, it continues to show
me the red bar.  I want to see the green bar without having to manually go
to that machine and start up snort service on that machine.  How do I do
that?

Thanks for all the insight and help so far,

Kavita Chhabria
Systems Developer
Apogent Technologies
(269) 544-7515
 <mailto:kchhabria () apogent com> kchhabria () apogent com